Saint Louis Park High School
|St. Louis Park|
Helping one student at a time.
St. Louis Park, Minnesota|
|Number of students||approx. 1,400 (grades 9–12)|
|Colors||Orange and Black|
St. Louis Park High School is a four-year public high school located in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. St. Louis Park High School is ranked by Newsweek as #290 in their "List of the 1500 Top High Schools in America," #3 among Minnesota schools on the list in 2012. In 2001, the high school began participation in the International Baccalaureate program and has since been decreasing the number of Advanced Placement classes offered in the curriculum. Among St. Louis Park High School's faculty members is Lori Harris Keekley, the 2016 Dow Jones National High School Journalisn Teacher of the Year.
St. Louis Park High School is a member of the Metro West Conference in the Minnesota State High School League. In 2005, the school left the Classic Lake Conference due to its smaller student body compared to the schools and joined the North Suburban Conference. After the North Suburban Conference disbanded, the school then became a founding member of the Metro West Conference in 2014.
The school has created a website for information on current athletic events gopark.org.
|Season||Sport||Number of championships||Year|
|Fall||Cross country, boys||2||1955, 1961|
|Soccer, boys||3||1972, 1973, 1974|
|Winter||Nordic skiing, Boys||1||2003|
|Alpine skiing, Boys||1||1955|
|Basketball, Girls||2||1986, 1990|
|Synchronized swimming, Girls||22|
|Track and field, Boys||5||1958, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1966|
|Track and field, Girls||1||1998|
The Echo is a student-produced newspaper of the St. Louis Park High School. While attending St. Louis Park, New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman wrote for, but never edited, The Echo, including one article in which he interviewed then Israeli Defense Minister Ariel Sharon. The Echo won the Columbia Scholastic Press Association Gold Crown Award in 2006 as one of the 25 best high school newspapers in the nation. In November 2010, The Echo won the Pacemaker Award, Best of Show for a High School Publication 9–12 pages, and 7th place for a publication website from a small school, awarded by the National Scholastic Press Association and the Journalism Education Association. In November 2011, The Echo won 3rd place Best of Show for a High School Publication 9–12 pages.
- T. J. Bohn, former professional baseball players for the Seattle Mariners and Philadelphia Phillies
- Bert Baston. (class of 1912), College Football Hall of Fame inductee, World War I hero (Navy Cross for Extraordinary Valor)
- Joel David Coen (class of 1973), film director, screenwriter, and producer, older Coen Brother
- Ethan Jesse Coen (class of 1975), film director, screenwriter, and producer, younger Coen Brother
- Jeff Diamond, retired NFL executive for the Minnesota Vikings and Tennessee Titans
- Philip Dray, author, At the Hands of Persons Unknown: The Lynching of Black America, etc.
- Mike Feinstein, City Council member (1996–2004) and Mayor (2000–2002), Santa Monica, CA
- Al Franken, U.S. Senator, political satirist, comedian; attended through 10th grade
- Thomas Friedman, New York Times columnist and bestselling author
- Stacy Harris, author, print and broadcast journalist
- Pete Hautman, author
- Peter Himmelman, musician and songwriter, formerly of Sussman Lawrence
- Sharon Isbin, classical guitarist
- Dan Israel, musician and songwriter
- Scott Litman, technology entrepreneur, founder of the MN Cup business plan competition
- Mark Levin, Director of Photography and Lighting Designer for Film and Television.
- Peggy Orenstein, author and contributing writer for the New York Times Magazine
- Jim Petersen, pro basketball player in the NBA from 1985 to 1992, Minnesota Lynx Assistant Coach
- Erik Rasmussen, professional hockey player
- Sam Richter, best-selling author, global speaker, technology entrepreneur
- Mark Rosen, longtime WCCO-TV sports anchor, KFAN radio personality
- Bob Stein, former NFL player, former President and CEO of the Minnesota Timberwolves
- Marc Trestman, offensive coordinator of Baltimore Ravens, former head coach of the Chicago Bears
- J. Elvis Weinstein, played Dr. Laurence Erhardt and the original puppeteer/voice for Tom Servo on Mystery Science Theater 3000
- Dan Wilson (musician), lead singer of Trip Shakespeare and Semisonic
- "America's Best High Schools 2012". America’s Best High Schools 2012. Newsweek. 2012. Retrieved 2012-05-23.
- Scholastic Press Award
- "2010 NSPA Newspaper Pacemaker Winners". nspa winners. NSPA. 2010. Retrieved 2012-05-23.
- Thomas Friedman Bio
- Pete Hautman Bio
- Jim Petersen Bio
- Erik Rasmussen Bio
- Bob Stein NFL Stats
- St. Louis Park Senior High School Official Website
- St. Louis Park Public Schools Website
- GoPark.org Athletics Website
- The Echo, the student newspaper